Paraprofessional Prepaid Legal Services Plan Providers
- Choose the law firm you would like from this list
NOTE: Paraprofessionals married to Teachers must choose an attorney indicated by an asterisk (*) if the legal matter is one in which both will be clients.
- Call Plan Office for authorization form: (617) 288-5883
- After receiving authorization form, call attorney for an appointment
- Bring authorization form to attorney office at time of appointment
Boston Teachers Union Paraprofessionals Prepaid Legal Services Plan Providers
(Descriptions written by each law firm)
Not all cases handled by every attorney are covered matters
Vesper Barnes & Associates, P.C
10 Malcolm X Boulevard
Boston, MA 02119
Attorney Vesper Gibbs Barnes has been in private practice for over 20 years. Atty Felicia E. Higginbottom is a senior associate with over 12 years experience. The office is located in Roxbury on the opposite side of the street from the Roxbury Post Office. Attorney Barnes and Higginbottom focus in the areas of Real Estate, Landlord/Tenant, Family, Probate and Personal Injury Law.
Donald J. Bongiovi
310 Merrimack Street
Methuen, MA 01844
Donald J. Bongiovi, Attorney at Law, is a full-service, general practice law firm. I have practiced for over twelve years. Evening and weekend appointments are available. I will make home visits when needed.
Dolan & Connly
50 Redfield Street, Suite 202
Boston (Dorchester), MA 02122
Our firm provides legal services in the following areas:
- Purchase of Principal Residence
- Sale of Principal Residence
- Refinance of Principal Residence
- Other Matters Relating to Ownership or Use of Principal Residence
- Estate Planning Matters
- Will & Trusts
- Personal Injury (consult)
Craig & Feeney, P.C.
25 Braintree Hill Park, Suite 200
Braintree, MA 02184
General practice firm located in Braintree. Founding member of the firm has represented BTU members since 1992. Members of the firm concentrate in real estate, bankruptcy and debtor-credit law, litigation, zoning, estate planning, criminal and juvenile law, as well as small business representation. Parking, weekend and evening hours always available.
Arthur R. Finkelstein, P.C.
75 Second Ave; Suite 605
Needham, MA 02494
Arthur R. Finkelstein, P.C. is an individual services firm concentrating in all aspects of estate planning and real estate. The firm specializes in preparing all types of wills and trusts, powers of attorney and health care proxies, with an emphasis on family issues and tax and probate avoidance. The firm also handles bankruptcies and all residential and commercial real estate transactions, including closings, zoning issues, and real estate tax abatements.
Caccavaro, Fitzpatrick & Seifart, P.A.
11 Vanderbilt Ave., Suite 250
Norwood, MA 02062
Attorney Francis A. Fitzpatrick, Jr. began representing Boston Teachers Union members in 1991. Attorney Fitzpatrick and other members of the firm continued to represent BTU members from 1998 until 2017 as Goldberg, Fitzpatrick & O’Brien. Our firm focuses our practice on the following areas:
- Real Estate Law: Including the purchase, sale and refinance of residential and commercial property, landlord/tenant matters, zoning, land use and development, mechanic’s lien cases, and the litigation of boundary and title disputes. Attorney Fitzpatrick has been an appointed Land Court Title Examiner for matters before the Land Court since 1991
- Estate Planning and Elder Law: Including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care proxies, business succession planning, long term care planning for Medicaid qualification and the preservation of assets.
- Probate and Estate Administration: Including the probate of wills and intestate estates, guardianships and conservatorships, will contests and suits in equity.
- Civil Litigation: All types
- Personal Injury and Workers Compensation
- Business and Employment Law
The office is handicapped accessible. Weekend and evening hours are available by appointment
Foreign languages: Spanish and Dutch. Mandarin & Cantonese interpretation available by advance request.
Kerstein, Coren & Lichtenstein, LLP
Newton Wellesley Executive Office Park
60 Walnut Street, 4th Floor
Wellesley, MA 02481
Attorneys Mark Lichtenstein and Robert Finkel have represented Boston teachers for many years. We specialize in:
- Real Estate Law, including the purchase, refinance, and sale of residential and commercial real estate, and Landlord Tenant Law
- Estate Planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and health care proxies
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
We are a full service, 11 attorney law firm dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to our clients. We offer a free consultation for non-covered BTU matters.
Our offices are conveniently located near Route 128, Route 16, and Route 9 on the Newton Wellesley line and have ample free parking. Please contact the BTU Prepaid Legal Service at the Fund Office to request a Legal Authorization Form.
Law Offices Colette Manoil, P.C. *
65A Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02110
This full service Boston law office is easily accessible by MBTA, by bus, by car or by boat.
Since 1981, this law firm has provided Prepaid legal Services to thousands of satisfied members of the Boston Teachers Union; the firm was selected to be BTU’s original provider 33 years ago, when the plan was established. Attorney Manoil is recognized as a founder of prepaid legal services in Massachusetts.
The firm is expert in real estate, consumer matters and debt collection, civil matters, including Malpractice and personal injuries, domestic, probate and estate matters.
- Wills and trusts with special attention to protecting any surviving pets
- Consultations on all issues, including consultation on domestic matters after Mediation
- All Massachusetts and federal courts
- Foreign languages: French, Spanish, Italian and German
- Parking is available in private lots and by appointment.
Petrucelly, Norris, Minsch, P.C.
1666 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 1
Lexington, MA 02420
1 State Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02109
Petrucelly, Norris & Minsch P.C. is a full-service law firm located in Lexington, MA with a satellite office at One State Street, Suite 400, Boston, MA. The firm has two attorneys. Our firm currently services numbers of other Union legal plans, so we are uniquely able to provide high quality legal services.
Quinn and O’Connell
42 Mechanic Street
Milton, MA 02186-3423
Our offices are conveniently located in Milton Lower Mills near Baker Chocolate and Bay Bank – ample off-street parking – evening and weekend appointments available – non-business hours, emergency answering service – extensive trial experience in criminal defense in district and superior courts in addition to enumerated areas of practice.
Gary Horwitz, Esq.
56 Central Square
Chelmsford, MA 01824
Please contact the Fund Office for Requirements and Forms
*Teacher Participants Only